For those who’re on the lookout for a little bit of journey whereas vacationing in Bali, take into account doing one of many Bali volcano hikes. It is likely one of the finest methods to not solely get your coronary heart fee up, however an unbelievable manner to soak up the picturesque landscapes that Bali has to supply.
And so, whereas volcanoes will not be the primary kind of mountain climbing floor that involves thoughts while you consider a hike, let the report present that this isn’t an expertise that you simply wish to miss. Each step you’re taking might be completely value it!
An intro to the highest Bali volcano hikes
Remember the fact that that is an introduction to a few volcanoes to trek in Bali – extra is to return, don’t you are concerned.Nevertheless, earlier than you go embarking on this journey, you will need to remember that all of them differ in issue and journey size. That being stated, all of them present breathtaking views and a way of feat while you attain the summit.
When to hike volcanoes in Bali: Through the months of April to September (the dry season) is the perfect time to climb any of the volcanos because the tracks get muddy and slippery within the moist season, making it tough or unattainable to climb.
Often, it’s finest to intention for the summit round sundown, so the climbs start very early within the morning. If attainable, select a date near a full moon for additional gentle, however you may climb the volcanos any time of the month.
What to carry: Heat garments, good sneakers, water, snacks, and a headlamp.
High 3 Bali volcano hikes
Mount Batur – The Best Climb
Mount Batur is the simplest Bali volcano hike of the three volcanos and offers spectacular views of Lake Batur and the ocean. It is usually Bali’s most lively volcano, so test whether or not it’s secure to climb earlier than you go.
Most individuals do the climb as an organized tour, however you are able to do it by yourself when you want. For those who determine to do the volcano trek with no information, be ready to cope with native guides in Kintamani, the city the place the trek begins, who’ve a status for being extraordinarily pushy and doing virtually something to hinder folks with no information to achieve the summit.
The monitor begins out as a dust path, however because it shortly will get steeper it additionally will get rockier and after some time vegetation is principally restricted to grasses rising among the many rocks. Earlier than reaching the summit, a small vendor sells refreshments.
On the summit, views attain so far as Mount Rinjani, and if in case you have a information, she or he may cook dinner you an egg boiled in volcanic steam earlier than the descent.
- Issue: The trek is straight ahead, so if you’re in first rate form, you shouldn’t have many issues.
- Journey size: This Bali volcano hike takes one to 2 hours to achieve the summit and the identical time to get down, however you also needs to embrace time to benefit from the views and discover the rim of the crater.
- Location: An hour’s drive north of Ubud.
For those who determine to do the hike with a information there’s an possibility of some add-ons, together with a dawn hike with a pure sizzling spring, a dawn hike with breakfast, or a dawn hike with white water rafting.
Mount Agung – Bali’s Highest Level
The trek begins at round 2.30 within the morning on the stairs of the temple. Carry a torch or ideally a headlamp, as the primary a part of the trek by way of the forest is especially darkish. After strolling uphill at the hours of darkness for about three hours it’s best to attain the summit because the solar begins to paint the sky orange. Particularly on windy days, it will possibly get very chilly on the summit, so ensure to carry additional heat garments.
As you begin making your manner down, the solar turns into extra intense, and also you’ll welcome the man promoting semi-cold refreshments on the temple the place the trek ends.
- Peak: 3031 meters
- Issue: It’s good to be match for this trek as it’s a pretty lengthy climb with some steep sections.
- Journey size: It takes about two to 4 hours to achieve the summit and rather less to get down.
- Location: An hour’s of drive northeast of Ubud
There’s an choice to e book a Mount Agung dawn hike with breakfast.
Mount Rinjani – Lombok’s Spectacular Volcano
The basic Rinjani volcano trek takes two nights and three days and is probably the most spectacular of the three. And is likely one of the tougher Bali volcano hikes.
On day one, stroll from the Nationwide Park entrance to the rim of the volcano. The primary half of the day goes by way of the jungle, the place curios monkeys will watch you, however as you get nearer to the rim, vegetation is restricted to grasses and small bushes. Whenever you attain the rim, and when you nonetheless have any breath left, the spectacular view of the crater will take away what remaining breath you might have.
Spend the following day exploring the crater for a few hours the place you may swim within the blue crater lake or chill out your muscle tissue within the close by sizzling springs earlier than climbing as much as the other aspect of the rim.
On the third day, you stand up early with a purpose to attain the summit at dawn. On a transparent day, you get a spectacular view of Lombok, the Gili islands and Bali because the solar begins warming you up.
Again at camp, you’ll have breakfast earlier than descending by way of grass and farmlands all the way in which all the way down to the village of Sembalun the place the trek ends.
- Issue: Climbing Rinjani is a tough trek with some steep sections, particularly the final bit to the summit, the place the sand-like floor makes strolling tough, so you could be in fine condition to achieve the summit of Mount Rinjani. A better possibility, however with equally good views, is simply to trek to the rim, which is less complicated because the monitor is sweet many of the manner and with out too many steep elements.
- Journey size: The basic size is three days and two nights, however you may as well do a two day, a one night time, or some journeys go so long as every week. Within the latter case, you’ll spend extra time trekking the realm across the volcano and contained in the crater.
- Location: Mount Rinjani is situated on Lombok. From Bali it’s a 90-minute boat experience and an hour’s drive to the foot of Mount Rinjani. From the Gili Islands, it can take you ten minutes by boat plus an hour by automotive. You aren’t allowed to climb Rinjani with no information, so you could go on an organized tour, which may simply be organized from Bali and The Gilis.
Mount Catur – The hike with the key view
Situated within the northwest of Bali, this picturesque location is surrounded by so many attractive waterfalls, lakes in addition to a botanical backyard you could simply discover. One in all Bali’s most photographed temples, The Temple at Lake Bratan (Pura Ulun Danu Bratan) occurs to be on this location too.
Whenever you start the hike, you could remember that not like Mt. Batur and Mt. Agung, this volcano is definitely extinct. Because of this you gained’t be capable of see any cool lava eruptions or cook dinner your eggs on lava rock both – sorry.
- Peak: 1 247m
- Issue: This particular hike is neither a leisurely stroll nor a critical mountain climbing problem. It’s someplace in between. However remember that you might have considered trying some endurance coaching beforehand!
- Journey size: This hike is in no way an extended one and even an over-nighter for that matter! See this as a enjoyable day journey as as a result of, on common, it ought to take you about three hours to get to the very high, the place you may be met with probably the most beautiful views but.
- Location: Your hike will start at Lake Bratan at Gua Jepang (actually translated to “Japanese Cave”).
If you’re on the lookout for the second-highest mountain in Bali, then look no additional than Mount Batukaru. This dormant volcano units itself other than the entire different Bali volcano hikes because it has some very distinctive terrains that can, indubitably, shock and delight you! From the shady forestry to the hike peaks and views of the craters and lakes – it has all you could kind a summit.
- Peak: 2,275 meters
- Issue: This particular hike is right for these of you who get pleasure from strolling by way of forests and being surrounded by tall timber. The rocky terrains and steep inclines make for a slightly tough and strenuous hike. Fortunately it is just a day hoke although
- Journey size: This trek is about 5 hours lengthy, so don’t mistake it for a leisurely hike, as it’s nowhere near that. So, ensure that your health ranges are comparatively excessive so to get to the highest in good time.
- Location: Mount Batukaru is an extinct volcano that’s each the very best peak within the Bedugul volcanic space and the second-highest mountain in Bali.
On the lookout for lodging in Bali? Take a look at our:
Bali Lodging Information