TAUNTON — A person eradicating an outdated steel antenna from a house in Taunton was electrocuted and died Thursday morning.
Associates of the unidentified man instructed WBZ-TV he was a landlord engaged on the third ground of the home on Danforth Road round 7:30 a.m.
Investigators mentioned he was taking down an antenna when it touched a close-by energy line, killing him and setting the surface of the home on fireplace.
“He was on the hearth escape making an attempt to take down an outdated antenna, a type of outdated, huge, enormous, antennas, and I assume the man tried to carry it down the drop. And it appears like he should’ve, from simply checking and searching on the scene, hit the wire, a dwell wire, and that is what laid him out,” a witness instructed reporters.
The fireplace was shortly put out. Taunton Police and Fireplace Division have been nonetheless on the dwelling Thursday afternoon.
No different data has been launched at this level within the investigation.