Throughout the nation, states are making ready for the upcoming Supreme Court docket ruling on the case difficult Mississippi’s ban on abortions previous 15 weeks, Dobbs v. Jackson Ladies’s Well being, anticipated any day. Primarily based on the Might 2nd leaked draft of the Supreme Court docket choice, many count on the Court docket to overturn Roe v. Wade, eliminating the federal customary defending the appropriate to abortion. It will likely be as much as every state to ascertain legal guidelines defending or proscribing abortion within the absence of a federal customary. Entry to secure authorized abortions will doubtless more and more rely on the place you reside and the nationwide divide in entry to abortion care shall be intensified.
Listed below are some new and simply up to date KFF sources related to this Supreme Court docket case and abortion entry:
NEW! Coverage Watch: Studying the Put up-Roe Tea Leaves in States With out Abortion Bans or Protections
- In current months, many states have enacted legal guidelines to both prohibit abortions or to broaden and shield entry to abortion in anticipation of the Supreme Court docket’s doubtless ruling to overturn Roe v. Wade. There was much less readability, nevertheless, about what abortion entry shall be like within the 17 states that shouldn’t have any specific legal guidelines both upholding abortion rights or prohibiting abortion. Our newest Coverage Watch appears to be like on the state of play with present abortion entry in these 17 states, anticipating that some might act to additional prohibit abortion entry via new or expanded abortion restrictions if the Court docket overturns Roe.
JUST UPDATED! Challenge Transient: Abortion at SCOTUS: Dobbs v. Jackson Ladies’s Well being
- This situation transient gives background on the authorized challenges to the Mississippi legislation within the context of the Supreme Court docket abortion precedents, addresses the intersections with the litigation which have arisen from S.B. 8, the Texas 6-week abortion ban, and explains the potential outcomes and the way they might influence entry to abortion in states across the nation.
Challenge Transient: State Actions to Defend and Broaden Entry to Abortion Providers
- This transient opinions the standing of state actions to strengthen and assure abortion entry to their residents, in addition to to arrange for the doubtless enhance in demand for abortion providers in these states ought to the excessive courtroom overturn the constitutional proper to abortion established by Roe v. Wade.
Coverage Watch: Employer Protection of Journey Prices for Out-of-State Abortion
- This Coverage Watch offers an outline of the problems raised for employers providing to cowl abortion associated journey bills in addition to for the employees who might want to exit of state for an abortion within the context of accelerating restrictions on abortion across the nation. We focus on who’s providing these advantages, the implications for staff, and a number of the authorized and political concerns for employers.
Webinar Recording: In Focus with KFF: What Occurs if Roe v. Wade is Overturned?
- On June 9, KFF launched findings from the nationwide public opinion survey on abortion. The occasion highlighted key points offered by KFF specialists together with public consciousness and attitudes in direction of the upcoming Supreme Court docket opinion, information of abortion and associated well being care, and the significance of abortion coverage to voting preferences on this yr’s midterm elections, in addition to KFF evaluation of the potential influence of the ruling and future authorized points it could elevate.
Chart of the Week: State Legal guidelines Affecting Abortion Entry if Roe v. Wade is Overturned
Infographic: The Availability and Use of Medicine Abortion Care
- This infographic highlights key knowledge and present state and federal insurance policies concerning the provision and effectiveness of medicine abortion in america.
Factsheet: The Availability and Use of Medicine Abortion
- This factsheet gives an outline of medicine abortion, with a concentrate on federal and state laws pertaining to its provision and protection, and the function of the drug in self-managed abortions.
Interactive: State Profiles for Ladies’s Well being
- Discover the newest nationwide and state-specific knowledge and insurance policies on ladies’s well being. Along with abortion insurance policies, subjects embrace maternal and toddler well being, well being standing, insurance coverage and Medicaid protection coverage and eligibility, use of preventive providers, and sexual well being. Many indicators additionally present state-level data for girls of various racial and ethnic teams.
KHN: Black Ladies Have A lot at Stake in States The place Abortion Entry Might Vanish
- Black ladies disproportionately use abortion providers throughout a lot of the South — the place entry is essentially set to fade if the Supreme Court docket this time period overturns its 1973 Roe v. Wade choice. And the implications could also be as a lot a threat to their financial alternatives as their well being.
KHN: Misinformation Clouds America’s Most Widespread Emergency Contraception
- At a second when half of U.S. states stand poised to outlaw or sharply curtail abortion providers, the last-ditch capsule for girls aiming to stave off an undesirable being pregnant rests within the unlikely stewardship of two non-public fairness corporations whose funding portfolios vary from Italian meals to winery administration to kids’s cough medication. See the newest KHN protection on abortion right here.