This duo is something however dynamic — however they’re harmful.
The NYPD is seeking to curb two motor scooter-riding robbers who struck 15 occasions between June 17 and July 16 within the Bronx and Higher Manhattan.
The bandits’ MO is that they “show a firearm, simulate a firearm or verbally threaten that they’ve one,” whereas demanding no matter valuables their victims have on them, police mentioned.
They then seize the victims’ property earlier than dashing off on their motorized scooter, cops mentioned.
“They’re taking principally cell telephones and wallets,” an NYPD spokeswoman mentioned on Saturday, after police launched a photograph of the duo on the scooter.
The robbers have focused the confines of the forty fourth and forty eighth Precincts within the Bronx and the thirty third and thirty fourth Precincts in Washington Heights and Inwood, the NYPD mentioned.
The spree contains the next:
- June 17, at 9:50 p.m., in entrance of 1354 Merriam Ave., the Bronx.
- June 30, at about 6:30 p.m., close to East 174 Road and Grand Concourse, the Bronx.
- July 1, at roughly 10:45 p.m. ,in entrance of 811 Crotona Park North, the Bronx.
- July 2, at 10 p.m., in entrance of 1425 Teller Avenue.
- July 3, at about 6:30 a.m., close to Amsterdam Avenue and West 178 Road, Washington Heights.
- July 3, at 10:45 a.m., reverse of 17 Fort George Hill, Washington Heights.
- July 3, at 1:30 p.m., in entrance of 2002 Vyse Ave. within the Bronx.
- July 3, at about 1:45 p.m., close to the Cross Bronx Expressway and Daly Avenue within the Bronx.
- July 4, at about 3 p.m., at West a hundred and seventieth Road and Merriam Avenue within the Bronx.
- July 4, at 7:10 p.m., reverse 1230 Teller Ave., the Bronx.
- July 4, at about 8 p.m., close to Hillside Avenue and Fort George Hill in Washington Heights.
- July 5, at 4:45 p.m., round West 165 Road and Edgecombe Avenue, Washington Heights.
- July 5, at about 8:20 p.m., in entrance of 834 Concourse Village East, the Bronx.
- July 6, at about 12:20 a.m., close to Fairview Avenue and Fort George Hill, Washington Heights.
- July 6, at about 12:25 a.m., at West 187 Road and Amsterdam Avenue, Washington Heights.
Anybody with info in regard to this incident is requested to name the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).