FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution (9-12-11; 38 pts.) had been defeated by CF Montreal (18-9-5; 59 pts.), 1-0, on Saturday night time in entrance of a season-high 35,455 followers at Gillette Stadium. With two video games remaining within the 2022 MLS common season, the Revolution will return to motion on Saturday, Oct. 1 at house towards Atlanta United FC.
In New England’s penultimate house match of the season, ahead Justin Rennicks returned to the beginning lineup for his career-high eleventh begin of the marketing campaign. Rennicks produced the hosts’ first likelihood of the night time within the twelfth minute when he rolled a cross into the trail of Matt Polster, whose low shot was saved by Montreal goalkeeper Sebastian Breza. Carles Gil and Gustavo Bou mixed for one more alternative within the twenty first minute, however Gil’s effort sailed over the web.
Dylan Borrero and Giacomo Vrioni every notched substitute appearances within the second half as the 2 proceed to work again to full health after prolonged harm absences. Bruce Area inserted the 2022 newcomers as substitutes simply previous the hour mark of the match, marking their first appearances at house since July. Vrioni logged one shot, whereas Borrero registered one likelihood created.
Montreal scored the sport’s lone purpose within the 72nd minute on a counter-attack, with Alistair Johnson slotting house a cross from Romell Quioto. Revolution goalkeeper Djordje Petrović made two saves, each within the second half. New England got here near equalizing within the 89th minute as Vrioni broke by the protection and despatched a left-footed shot excessive of the body.
New England is off subsequent weekend for the worldwide break earlier than internet hosting Atlanta United FC on Saturday, October 1 to shut out the house slate. The common season finale at Gillette Stadium kicks off at 1:30 p.m.
- With the loss, the Revolution drop to eleventh place within the Jap Convention with two video games to play within the common season.
- The Revolution had a crowd of 35,455 readily available for Saturday’s match, the membership’s highest attendance since July 14, 2018 vs. LA Galaxy.
- Bruce Area made three modifications to his Beginning XI from Tuesday’s match at Houston Dynamo FC, with Jon Bell, Christian Makoun, and Justin Rennicks beginning rather than DeJuan Jones, Maciel, and Wilfrid Kaptoum. Jones missed the match with an higher leg harm.
- Dylan Borrero made his first look since July 16, taking part in 27 minutes and registering one likelihood created.
- Carles Gil added a team-high three probabilities created to lift his league-leading whole to 107 on the yr. With yet another key cross, Gil will match his 2019 whole of 108 probabilities created, in accordance with Opta.
- Giacomo Vrioni made his third consecutive look since coming back from harm, recording one shot in a 26-minute outing.
- Matt Polster registered group highs in tackles received (3), duels received (5), and interceptions (3) whereas finishing 38 of 42 passes in a 90-minute effort.
- Homegrown Participant and ahead Justin Rennicks made his first begin since August 28, logging 64 minutes and ending with two probabilities created and 9 recoveries. Rennicks now has profession highs with 16 video games performed and 11 begins this season.
- Andrew Farrell notched group highs in recoveries (11) and clearances (4) in his 299th MLS common season begin.