California introduced the most recent information displaying the state’s accelerating transition to zero-emission automobiles (ZEVs) and ZEV market dominance — 18.8% of all new vehicles offered final yr in California have been ZEVs and 40% of ZEVs offered within the U.S. are offered in California.
“California continues to steer the zero-emission car revolution with groundbreaking insurance policies and investments that drive innovation, create good jobs and develop ZEV entry and affordability throughout the state,” stated Governor Gavin Newsom. “Holding our give attention to the communities which can be most impacted by the intensifying local weather disaster, we’ll maintain pushing forward to make our clear transportation future a actuality in California.”
- 18.8% of all new vehicles offered final yr in California have been ZEVs, in line with the California Power Fee.
- ZEV gross sales are up 38% from 2021 and 138% from 2020.
- As compared, the most recent estimates present ZEV gross sales have been 5.8% of all U.S. automobile gross sales in 2022.
- 345,818 ZEV gross sales in California in 2022.
- 1,399,913 cumulative ZEV gross sales in California.
- 40% of ZEVs offered within the U.S. are offered in California, based mostly on estimates from Veloz.
- 80,027 shared electrical car chargers put in in California (each public and shared personal).
- As much as $9,500 in grants & rebates accessible for low-income Californians (study extra right here).
State Actions to Help the ZEV Market
Final month, the California Power Fee accepted a $2.9 billion funding plan that accelerates California’s 2025 electrical car charging and hydrogen refueling targets. In November, the California Air Assets Board accepted a $2.6 billion funding plan to help a variety of ZEV initiatives, with 70% of the funds directed to deprived and low-income communities — the state’s largest-ever funding within the equitable growth of unpolluted transportation.
As well as, California expects to obtain $384 million of federal funding from the Nationwide Electrical Car Infrastructure Program to put in charging stations all through the state.
The success of the state’s applications has led to ZEVs changing into a high export and has spurred main advances in manufacturing and job creation. California is residence to 55 ZEV and ZEV-related producers and leads the nation in ZEV manufacturing jobs.
Courtesy of Workplace of the Governor of California.
Associated Story: $2.9 Billion Permitted For CA Zero-Emission Automobiles Infrastructure
Respect CleanTechnica’s originality and cleantech information protection? Contemplate changing into a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.
Do not wish to miss a cleantech story? Join each day information updates from CleanTechnica on e mail. Or comply with us on Google Information!
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, wish to promote, or wish to recommend a visitor for our CleanTech Speak podcast? Contact us right here.