- Stated candidate for governor Andrew Gillum, a black man would “monkey- up” Florida
- He known as New York candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who’s a Puerto Rican girl, “no matter she is.”
- He defended a supporter who stated “carry again the hanging tree.”
- He attended a Muslim- bashing occasion with Steve Bannon
- He was the moderator of a Fb group that was a haven for racist memes
- He proudly related himself with Sebastian Gorka, who has ties to a Hungarian far-right group that collaborated with the Nazis.
- His profession relies on immigrant-bashing, supporting Trump’s insane feedback about immigrants, and ratcheting up deportations.
- He’s supported by Neo- Nazi teams and doesn’t denounce them
- He erroneously calls the instructing of black historical past “essential race principle” to justify banning books and programs from faculty curriculum
DeSantis is just not the person to steer the America of 2023. His insurance policies search to limit the rights of non- white, non- Christian, non- heterosexual Individuals. He fuels white concern, anti-Semitism, mysogyny, homophobia in his base. He’s a culture-war advocate utilizing rhetoric that divides Individuals and encourages violence. His abhorrent ideology contains:
- Signed the “Don’t Say Homosexual or Trans” Regulation which targets LGBTQ+ youth and educators throughout the state by stopping them from having and offering a protected, inclusive classroom. It would block lecturers from speaking about LGBTQ+ points or folks, additional stigmatizing LGBTQ+ folks and isolating LGBTQ+ youngsters. (Human Rights Marketing campaign, June 2022).
- Authorised the ” Cease Woke Act” which “limits protected speech in workplaces with greater than fifteen staff and lecture rooms by censoring trustworthy dialogue about systemic racism, gender, and race discrimination. It additionally modifications Florida’s employment discrimination statutes to present staff the power to file discrimination claims towards an employer participating in trainings or discussions about Black historical past, LGBTQ+ points, and different ideas of injustice and discrimination”. ( Human Rights Marketing campaign, June 2022).
- Supported election-denying, racist, misogynist candidates JD Vance of Ohio and Doug Mastriano
- “Stripped Disney of the power to manipulate itself in retaliation for the corporate’s opposition to the crackdown on LGBTQ+ conversations with schoolchildren”. (Guardian, Aug. 31, 2022 Robert Reich).
- Taking excessive measures to regulate how colleges and universities perform
- Seeks Trump-like revenge on those that oppose his ideology
- Helps abortion bans with no exceptions
Journalist Richard Reich of the Guardian has used the time period “fascism” when referreing to DeSantis. Reich writes, “Fascism additionally contains hatred of “them” (folks thought of totally different by race or faith, or outdoors the mainstream, or who had been born overseas), management over what folks be taught and what books they’re allowed to learn, management over what had been unbiased authorities models (faculty boards, medical boards, universities and so forth), management over ladies and essentially the most intimate and tough choices they’ll ever make, and calls for that the personal sector assist the regime.” Republicans have attacked Reich for referencing fascism when describing DeSantis. Nonetheless, the time period appears to suit.
Regardless of DeSantis’s fixed ranting about loving democracy, he persistently assaults the person, constitutionally-protected rights of each American who doesn’t agree together with his regime’s ideology. Does that sound frighteningly acquainted?